Wedding Update





This story is an update from this previous post:  A Different Kind of Broken Heart
Kalvin fell playing soccer today at recess.  His nose, chin and forehead are all scraped and scratched!  He was playing soccer with some friends when he fell.  Wait, not chasing after Catherine?!?  He has been sharing with me recess stories of late and most go something like this.  Catherine drops her gloves and runs away.  Kalvin picks them up and chases after her.  They laugh and giggle. 

As he was telling this all to me, he explained how much he loves Catherine's laugh.  "It is just so cute.  When she laughs,  it just makes me laugh too.  It is the best laugh.  Mom, she just has the best laugh.  And her eyes.   Her eyes.  Her eyes are so blue.  They are beautiful. [Deep sigh] Gabe likes her eyes too,"  he explained.  Smile stretched from ear to ear.  Seeing Kalvin so happy and giddy makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Wow, I realize my seven year old just explained the most wonderful thing to me about having a good friend...they make you laugh and giggle.  And they have beautiful eyes.  Again, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

So I did it.  I asked the question inquiry minds want to know the answer to,  even though,  even though I know I should not be encouraging this situation.  I just couldn't stop myself,  "Have you two discussed "the proposal" any further?"

"Well, we are kind of stuck right now.  We can't agree on where we are going to live," he answered.  "She wants to live at her house and I want to live at our house."

"Ohhh," I said.  "You mean you both will live at her house
 t o g e t h e r  or you both will live here  t o g e t h e r?"

"Yes, that's the problem right now, we can't agree," he said.

"You wouldn't want to get a place of your own?" I asked.

"Well,  I don't really want to spend the money," he stated.  "I am really going to try to save all my money.  In fact, the first week we are married, I am going to try and not spend any money at all."


"Mom," he said. 

"Yes, Kalvin," I replied.

"Is it okay to marry your best friend?" he asked ever so innocently.

Read more about Kalvin and Catherine Here.
Kalvin's "other" best friend.  His grandparent's dog, Ella.  She has been staying with us for a few days.  No one wantes her to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment