Will We Be Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland on April 27th for the CHF Walk?

U N C L E.  That is what my neighbor spelled out in the snow today.  I had to laugh.  How perfect.  Today is March 19, 2013.  The last day of winter.  I don't think that really holds much meaning to us New Englanders at this point.  Another twelve inches of fresh powdery snow has just landed in our back yard.  Don't get me wrong,  today was a day out of a children's fairytale.  School was canceled and we had 
No plans.  Notta one.  Zilch.  Nada. 

N O T H I N G   P L A N N E D. 
 That never happens around here.  I actually felt like a school girl again myself.  No plans, twelve inches of fresh snow and warm temperatures.  We are watching my nephew Emilio Straubel's black lab, Ella, and she too loves the snow.  We all bundled up and headed outside for some snow dog building. 




 Finn promptly took off his shirt when I said it was time to go outside.  He refused to join in on our reindeer games.  We let him stay inside at first,  figuring our frolicking in the snow would surely lure him to the backyard.  Instead, he repeatedly opened the glass door and yelled commands at us. 
 

Finally, he too cried UNCLE and came out to join us.  It was a lot of fun, but I am having trouble imagining the nice weather I had hoped for our CHF Walk on April 27th!  Especially, after hearing more snow is headed our way later this week. 





Visit Kalvin's Zipper Klub's Team Page here: 

We would love for you to join us on our one mile walk around Boston Common to raise money for CHD research. 
 I think the snow will be melted by then!


No comments:

Post a Comment